When you’ve got people coming over and you only have a few minutes for bathroom cleaning, time is of the essence. There’s no need to panic though; with a few easy-to-follow bathroom cleaning tips you can get it done in no time. If you’d like to know how to clean a bathroom in 30 minutes or less, the following plan will do the job nicely.
1. Before the bathroom cleaning commences…
First thing’s first: if you want to know how to clean a bathroom quickly and have a little fun in the process, set an alarm and crank up the music to get you motivated. Before bathroom cleaning begins, it’s important to get organised. That means assembling your cleaning squad (this is quickest as at least a two-person job), and your equipment, including brushes, sponges, cloths, paper towels, rubber gloves, sprays and glass cleaners, and clearing everything out of the room.
2. Cleaning the bathroom shower, bath and basin
Just because you’re short on time, doesn’t mean you can’t do a deep clean. Bathroom basins, tubs and showers all need proper cleaning and, with a little know-how and an extra pair of hands, you can do it efficiently.
Pull on your protective gloves, spray specialised bathroom-cleaning solution on the relevant areas (making sure you follow the labels’ instructions) and get your helper to start scrubbing while you move on to the next task.
3. How to clean a bathroom toilet
Knowing how to clean the bathroom toilet in quick time is less fiddly than you might think. Simply squirt toilet cleaner around the rim and leave for as long as you can – a couple of hours is ideal. In the meantime, you can wipe down the outside of the toilet, seat and handle with a piece of kitchen towel and a spray of bathroom cleaner. Once you’re done, you can give the bowl a thorough scrub with a toilet brush.
Using a paper towel is a hygienic and convenient way to wipe around the toilet. Choose one that’s strong when wet, like Plenty– it’ll hold together for wringing-out, scrubbing and wiping those hard-to-reach corners. Just throw it straight in the bin when you’re finished.
4. Cleaning tips for bathroom shine
Next, move quickly on to polishing bathroom mirrors and glass with a specialist spray. One of the best cleaning tips for bathroom mirrors is to make sure you wipe off the cleaner with a dry piece of kitchen towel – that way you won’t leave bits behind on the surface. Then, use a fresh paper towel to buff the taps and mirrors to a high-shine.
5. Rinse and repeat
Now that you’ve finished most of your quick bathroom cleaning routine, you can rinse off the cleaner that you sprayed on the bath, shower and sink. Use a light scourer to help get marks off, then rinse again and wipe down to make sure all the cleaning fluid has been removed.
6. Deep clean the bathroom floor (or cheat)
If you’ve got time left, you can give the floor a deep clean. Bathroom floors get some heavy footfall and can get really mucky, so if you can give it a thorough scrub and mop, great! If you’re running out of time, one of our favourite bathroom cleaning tips is to give it a quick spray and rub with some strong-when-wet paper towel.
That’s your ‘just in time’ bathroom cleaning routine clean done. All that’s left is for you to replace the items you took out and re-stock where necessary. Check you’ve got enough toilet roll, and leave a pack of Plenty Handy Towels by the sink so guests can dry their hands easily after washing.
Cleaning the bathroom can be very time consuming, but now you know it doesn’t have to be. Follow these bathroom cleaning tips and you’ll impress even the most perfectionist of guests.
Do you have a question on this topic?Contact us
- 10 tips for safely cleaning a deep fat fryer
- 3 easy ways to clean a microwave
- 3 ways to sterilise jam jars in minutes
- 5 grandparent-approved kitchen towels cleaning tips
- 6 natural products to clean (not disinfect) the house
- Gritty dishes? How to clean the dishwasher
- Here’s the best way to clean aluminium
- How to clean a fabric sofa in 6 steps
- How to clean a fridge – fast!
- How to Clean a Toilet – Properly
- How to clean a very dirty oven
- How to clean a washing machine in 5 steps
- How to clean a well-loved leather sofa
- How to clean bathroom tiles 'til they shine
- How to clean silverware until it dazzles
- How to clean stainless steel – without streaks, smudges, or scratches
- How to Clean the Bathroom in 30 Minutes (or Less)
- How to clean the carpet: 3 tips everyone should know
- How to clean the hob like a pro
- How to Clean the House Quickly – and Thoroughly
- How to clean wood burner glass so that it sparkles
- How to descale and deep clean your trusty coffee machine
- How to make cleaning fun for kids – in 8 ways
- How to remove limescale around the house – gently
- How to spring clean your home: the ultimate guide
- How to wash a car like a pro
- No more smears! How to clean mirrors without the hassle
- No more streaks: how to clean the windows properly
- Spilt milk on the carpet? Here’s how to clean it up
- The ultimate kitchen-cleaning plan
Didn't find what you were looking for?