2 people found this helpful
Wettable, Wringable & Scrubbable - Plenty The Extra Big One kitchen roll is 3X Stronger ...
Oven doors unfortunately have a tendency to accumulate leftover grease, grime and other sticky substances from past cooking adventures. Sometimes the build-up is so thick that the oven door can no longer be used as a window for keeping watch over baked goods – never mind the fact that the brown stains aren’t particularly good in terms of kitchen hygiene and they don’t look all that appealing either.
Plenty is celebrating love in all it’s messy forms with our favourite pet mess makers.. meaning cleaning up for love makes doing it a whole lot easier!
Read on to find out how to effectively clean your oven door glass until it sparkles like new, using these two easy to follow methods.
So, what’s the best way to clean oven door glass?
When it comes to cleaning persistent stains and dirt on your oven door glass, everyone seems to have their own secret techniques often including strange products and bizarre instructions. But it doesn’t have to be so complicated! Here are two different, reliable and easy methods depending on the type of clean that you’re trying to achieve, using products that you’re likely to already have at home. Now let’s get started!
Method 1 – for a quick oven door clean using natural products
Here's what you'll need:
- ½ a cup of baking soda
- Plenty The Extra Big One
How to clean oven door glass with baking soda
- Start off by adding water to the baking soda in a bowl until it forms a paste like consistency.
- Take this paste and spread a substantial layer of it over the inside of your oven door glass.
- Wait 15-20 minutes (depending on the amount of dirt) while the baking soda works its magic.
- When the time’s up, use a damp Plenty The Extra Big One kitchen towel, as it’s 3 times stronger when wet, and will easily be able to wipe away any excess paste.
- Then use a dry sheet of Plenty towel to buff away any remaining streaks.
Method 2 – for a deeper oven door clean
Here's what you'll need:
- Commercial oven door glass cleaner
- Rubber gloves
- Plenty kitchen towels
How to clean oven door glass with a commercial oven door
- First, lay down sheets of Plenty kitchen towel over the surface of the oven door glass.
- Next, spray the oven door glass cleaner on top of the paper towels until they are saturated with the liquid. Because Plenty is strong even when wet, you don’t need to worry about it disintegrating!
- Leave to soak for an hour so the product can break down any stubborn grease. In the meantime, why not clean your baking trays or oven while you wait.
- Remove the Plenty kitchen towels and pop them in the bin. You may want to wear rubber gloves to avoid the smell of the product on your hands.
- Wipe away any residue left using new Plenty kitchen towels and say hello to your sparklingly clean oven door!
To avoid having to do a deep clean while also using chemicals such as ammonia to keeping your oven door glass looking constantly shiny, try to clean your oven door glass with Method 1 every couple of weeks. Plus, less encrusted grime to clean means less effort scrubbing too!
And there you have it! Now you can cook and make as much mess as you like in the oven, while feeling confident that you’ll be able to easily clean its glass door afterwards. If you’re now in the spirit of cleaning, why not delve deeper and read our articles on how to clean the hob like a pro and the ultimate kitchen cleaning plan.