57 people found this helpful
Wettable, Ringable & Scrubbable – Plenty kitchen roll is 40% more absorbent and NEW Power-X ...
Is that the sound of your heart bursting? No, it’s just the soup your loved one’s made for you that’s exploded in the microwave.
Love can be messy. Luckily, here at Plenty we know a trick or two when it comes to cleaning your microwave, so that you can avoid that crusty mess (and the elbow grease that comes with it). Read our guide and try these three easy-to-follow approaches.
How to clean the microwave with lemon juice
The humble lemon is always a great place to start if you’re looking for ways to clean the microwave. Here’s how you do it:
- Pour 150 ml of water into a microwaveable cup or bowl.
- Slice a lemon in half and squeeze in the juice (get the kids to help you with this bit).
- Drop the lemon halves into the bowl and microwave on a high power for two minutes.
- Let the lemon-juice-infused steam do its work for five minutes by melting the mess.
- Remove the microwave plate (if you have one) and scrub it in the sink before rinsing.
- Then wipe the inner walls, the door and the outside of the microwave down with Plenty Original.
- For any stubborn stains, dip your Plenty paper towel in the remaining lemon juice and work it a little harder.
- Dry the microwave with the paper towel and replace the microwave plate.
Cleaning a microwave becomes much easier when you wipe up spillages as soon as they occur using a piece of absorbent kitchen roll, like Plenty. Always remember to follow our 10 golden rules for kitchen hygiene to help keep on top of any mess.
How to clean the microwave with vinegar
Just as lemon is often considered one of the best ways to clean microwave stains, so too is vinegar. Once you know how to clean microwave spills with lemon-infused steam, doing the same with vinegar is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Add a tablespoon of white vinegar to around 150 ml of water.
- As before, set the microwave to high and let it run for five minutes.
- Wipe away the loosened food from the microwave interior with a moistened paper towel.
- If you’d like a double-pronged approach and you want to know how to clean the microwave with lemon and vinegar, it’s easy. Just add half a lemon to the tablespoon of vinegar and follow the same steps as above.
Instead of recycling empty bottles and sprays, why not repurpose them for your homemade cleaning solutions instead? Reduce, reuse, and recycle to live sustainably every day. Take a look at this article for more tips on eco-friendly house cleaning .
How to clean the microwave with baking soda
Baking soda can be used to clean so many things in the home and it can work wonders on the microwave. Try out this baking soda microwave cleaning trick:
- Simply make a paste of one part water to two parts baking soda.
- Apply the paste to the areas that need attention and leave for a few minutes to soak in.
- Take Plenty paper towel and rub off the stains.
Now that you know how to clean a microwave with lemon and vinegar, and the best way to attack stains with baking soda, you’ve got three different approaches to get your microwave back to its sparkling best. Now time to tackle the rest of the kitchen by following our ultimate kitchen-cleaning plan.