3 people found this helpful
Wettable, Wringable & Scrubbable - Plenty The Extra Big One kitchen roll is 3X Stronger ...
Making perfect rice can be a tricky art to master, but learning how to make rice so that it’s light and fluffy is well worth it. Once you’ve got your rice method down, you can say goodbye to dry, stuck-together grains, and instead say hello to fluffy deliciousness. Here’s our guide to how to make perfect rice.
How to cook perfect rice: essential equipment
Working out the best way to cook rice involves a little trial and error, but once you’ve found the right rice method and equipment you’ll get great results. It’s all about finding an easy way to cook rice that gives you light and fluffy grains every time.
What you’ll need
- Wooden spoon
- Large pan with lid
- Kitchen roll
How to make perfect rice, step-by-step
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients and equipment, you’re ready to cook perfect rice. Before you do anything, give the grains a good rinse and strain them to wash away excess starch and make sure that they are free from any dirt. Now, here are our numbered tips for cooking rice:
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Salting the water means that the rice gets gently seasoned as it cooks.
- Add your rice and make sure the water comes back to the boil. An easy way to cook rice is to use a ratio of 1 cup of rice to 1¾ cups of water.
- Give the rice a stir with your wooden spoon. One of the best tips for cooking rice is to stir once and then leave it alone – over-stirring can lead to stickiness.
- You might be tempted to keep it boiling to make the rice cook faster, but the best way to cook rice is to turn the heat right down at this stage, place the lid on the pan and leave your rice to simmer.
- Let the rice absorb the water. This usually takes around 18 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice steam for a further five minutes or so.
- Finally, take your fork and run it through the rice to separate the grains and finish off your beautifully fluffy rice.
One of our top tips for cooking rice is to cover it with sheets of Plenty The Extra Big One after you remove it from the heat. They are super absorbent for soaking up the steam and strong enough to stay intact, even when wet.
That’s how to make rice so that you get great results, every time! Give our easy-to-follow method and top tips a try and we think you’ll be really happy with the outcome… and so will everybody you cook for!