A mirror is only useful when it’s clear and clean, but how many times have you wiped your mirror down expecting sparkling results, only to find that it looks more smeared than before you started? Once you have discovered the best thing to clean mirrors with, you will get those perfect, shiny results in no time. Here we’ll show you the best way to clean mirrors, so that you can get the job done fast and effectively.
Keep Plenty Handy Towels in different rooms of the home, so when you next see a mirror streak you can whip out a sheet and easily restore the sparkle without having to go all the way to the kitchen and back. The handy, easy-to-grab single sheets come in a choice of attractively designed packs for convenience that doesn’t compromise on style.
1. What to clean mirrors with
The first step in knowing how to clean mirror glass is having the right gear. After all, your cleaning techniques are only going to be as good as the kit you use. Knowing what to clean mirrors with will make a huge difference. Here’s what you need:
- Strong kitchen paper towel
- Cleaning spray
- Mirror cleaning spray (or equal parts of vinegar and water)
We recommend using kitchen paper with your spray cleaner to help avoid the smudgy, smeary transfer of grease and grime from cloths or sponges. Choose Plenty kitchen paper and it won’t fall apart even when wet, leaving your mirror shiny and lint-free.
2. Wipe the mirror frame first
A common mistake people make when cleaning mirrors is to head straight for the smeary glass; it seems sensible enough, but tackling the frame first (if there is one) will help avoid transfer of dirt when you come to cleaning the glass. The best way to clean mirrors is, therefore, to start by choosing a cleaning spray that’s appropriate for the frame material (whether that be glass, metal or wood), spraying a little of the spray onto a moistened piece of kitchen paper, before wiping the frame all over, paying attention to the corners and edges next to the glass.
3. Clean off the excess
Want to know how to clean mirror glass without leaving any lint behind? Start by using a moistened piece of paper towel to wipe the mirror clean of any obvious dust particles and grime. Now you’re ready to move on to getting your mirror shining brightly.
4. Polish up for a streak-free finish
Now it’s time to add the finishing touches by learning how to clean mirrors without streaks so they shine like new. Spray some mirror cleaning spray (or vinegar solution) onto the surface, grab a piece of dry kitchen paper and wipe the mirror all over. For hassle-free cleaning, choose Plenty Handy Towels, which are specially designed with easy-to-grab one-handed dispensing. Simply grab a single piece of kitchen paper with one hand while you spray with the other hand.
The best way to clean mirrors is to work from top to bottom and side to side, taking your time to work the cleaner into any corners and edges where grime can easily build up. It’s not a good idea to work in circles as this can often cause streaking, so stick to an up-and-down and side-to-side motion. Finish off by looking at your mirror from different angles to see if there are any leftover streaks, and repeat the process if necessary. This is how to clean mirrors without streaks and without the need for any fancy equipment.
Now you know how to clean a mirror, it’s going to be easy for you to wipe away the smudges and smears and maintain your mirror’s shine. Follow these simple steps every time and you can expect great results.
- 10 tips for safely cleaning a deep fat fryer
- 3 easy ways to clean a microwave
- 3 ways to sterilise jam jars in minutes
- 5 grandparent-approved kitchen towels cleaning tips
- 6 natural products to clean (not disinfect) the house
- Gritty dishes? How to clean the dishwasher
- Here’s the best way to clean aluminium
- How to clean a fabric sofa in 6 steps
- How to clean a fridge – fast!
- How to Clean a Toilet – Properly
- How to clean a very dirty oven
- How to clean a washing machine in 5 steps
- How to clean a well-loved leather sofa
- How to clean bathroom tiles 'til they shine
- How to clean silverware until it dazzles
- How to clean stainless steel – without streaks, smudges, or scratches
- How to Clean the Bathroom in 30 Minutes (or Less)
- How to clean the carpet: 3 tips everyone should know
- How to clean the hob like a pro
- How to Clean the House Quickly – and Thoroughly
- How to clean wood burner glass so that it sparkles
- How to descale and deep clean your trusty coffee machine
- How to make cleaning fun for kids – in 8 ways
- How to remove limescale around the house – gently
- How to spring clean your home: the ultimate guide
- How to wash a car like a pro
- No more smears! How to clean mirrors without the hassle
- No more streaks: how to clean the windows properly
- Spilt milk on the carpet? Here’s how to clean it up
- The ultimate kitchen-cleaning plan
Didn't find what you were looking for?